Thursday, November 16, 2006

Checking in

It's been awhile.

Sorry to all of you who depend on me (Hooie), but I have been extraordinarily busy and have had no time to write.

Anyway, it seems that we have finally settled into somewhat of a routine, and things are slightly calmer than they were. I cannot say that we have fully adapted, because we still often feel like we have landed on some bizarre planet where nobody has manners and yelling is a way of life. But we are slowly getting into the thick of things. Truthfully, I don't think that we will ever fully adapt. My wife and I will always retain some America in us.

I have no energy to write Aliya Recap part II right now, but I do hope to finish it. I also have a number of extremely funny stories that must be shared, and I hope to accomplish that as well in the next few days.

Other than that what can I say? The kids are doing great, IH has put in superhuman effort to get us settled and she has been amazing.

Actually I can say something else: Despite all the stupidity and annoyances that we have put up with, and despite our lack of fluency, and despite the fact that we really have no friends in our community (you see we are the only ones who don't smoke weed), there is no feeling like walking down Rechov Betzalel or Sderot Herzl or any other street in Yerushalayim and knowing that we are here to stay. That makes it all worth it. From time to time one does get the feeling of living in the palace, as corny as that may sound.

Well, that is all for now. I hope to be back soon (because some of these stories that I've got really must be told)

Have a good Shabbos

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well.
I'm here with Chambre right now, and he's offended that only I got mentioned.
Speak to you soon.
Hooie

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well.
I'm here with Hooie right now and im offended that only he got mentioned.
Speak to you soon.
Chambre

OOS said...

Sorry Chambre, I didn't know that you were a reader. I'll get you in at some point.