Friday, June 01, 2007

Joys revisited

One of my favorite pastimes pre- aliya was tuning in to the sports radio stations after a local team had lost, and listening to the callers lament their teams, their lives, and the tragedy in Darfur. Woops, nope, they don't really care about trivial matters like that.

A general example:

Radio jockey: Looks like our next caller is Jim from Kanarsi. Jim, what's up.

Jim: Mike, I have had it. I have had it with this team, with this quarterback. I, I, I just don't know what to say.

RJ: Yeah, I feel you Jim, that was a pretty dismal performance.

J: Someone's gotta go Mike, I mean this is crazy already.

RJ: Yeah, I feel you Jim. That was a pretty dismal performance.

J: I mean, the pass rush wasn't there, that freakin quarterback kept throwin interceptions. Someone's gotta go Mike.

RJ: Yeah, I feel you Jim. That was a pretty dismal performance. Okay, who do we got next? Jonny in Queens your up...

Actually, reading this over I think Carl Rogers may have come up with the formula for client centered therapy from WFAN. This ranting does seem therapeutic.

In any event I am busy making up for lost time.

Oops, gotta go. Yanks just lost another one.

No comments: