Wednesday, April 25, 2007

OOS makes a big announcment

The OOS blog has been waaaaaaaaaaaaay too serious over the past few days. It is time to get back to our bread and butter, i.e. nonsense.

Anyway, if you can remember back before we made Aliya I wrote about my love for Heinz ketchup, and wondered if I would be able to live without it.

Well, I have an announcement to make:

OOS officially sanctions OSEM brand ketchup.

It happened over Pesach when we had to take a break from Heinz. I know it is a shocker, but it's true.

A musar haskil: We can all make changes in life. Sometimes we just need the right circumstances.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How? Why? What happened???

Seems like your klita is moving right along.

A Simple Jew said...

Perhaps this is too drastic of a psak...maybe it should ONLY be used for Pesach...

OOS said...

simple jew:
Fret not-- I am still a Heinz man. All I am saying that should an instance arise where Heinz is unavailable, OSEM is o.k.

A Simple Jew said...

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Gemara says that one is allowed to leave the land of Israel for a shidduch, in search of parnossa, and also in search of Heinz ketchup, right? Also, now that you can get it there it MUST be a sign of the impending geulah!

Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

What kind of community do you live in over there in Israel that tolerates ketchup leniencies?! What has the world come to? ;-)

Mikeage said...

A Simple Jew -- you must have a different girsa than I have. Mine mentions StarKist, not Heinz.

Actually, my wife just told me, about three and a half years after Aliyah, that she also approves of the local ketchup (although it's more of a catsup...) now.

Dare I ask about mayonnaise?